Your gift makes it possible for our voices to be heard. Our music amplifies the value of your gift many times over, helping to create a world that is more understanding, more compassionate, and filled with more song. Each contribution helps us reach our aspirations and for that, we are truly grateful.
Other Ways to Give
A sustaining gift is the easiest and most cost-effective way to support SMC/SWC! As a Sustainer, you make monthly contributions from your credit card. Your monthly contributions continue automatically so your support is always current.
Select Flying House Productions as grantee from your fund. For information, please contact us here or call (206) 323-0750 x 208.
Fidelity Charitable, one of the largest Donor Advised Funds in the US, has resources on their website about tax strategies that allow maximum tax benefits for the donor while still providing for charities like Flying House Productions.
Boost your donation with a matching gift. More than 1,000 companies and foundations in the United States currently match their employees’ gifts to not-for-profit organizations. It all adds up to a great way to increase your contribution and receive more benefits at no additional cost to you!
Under a corporate matching gift program, cash gifts, or gifts of volunteer time from a company’s eligible employees, are matched with company or corporate foundation funds.
To make a matching gift:
- Contact the personnel office at your company to check your company’s matching gift policy.
- If they provide a matching gift form, fill it out.
- Scan & e-mail the completed matching gift form and send it via our Contact page or by e-mailing to: email@example.com along with your donation OR
Seattle Men’s Chorus & Seattle Women’s Chorus
319 12th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98122-5504
Search to see if your company matches donations!
A gift of stock owned for more than one year entitles you to a charitable deduction for the full market value at the time the gift is made. Your gift of stock provides an opportunity for tax savings while generously supporting our organization. If you would like to discuss a gift of stock, please contact us.
Planned giving is a way for you to provide for yourself and your loved ones while also yielding significant tax advantages while you are alive and after for your chosen beneficiaries. By giving thoughtful consideration to this matter now, you can be assured that gifts from your estate will reflect your values and desires.
The Legacy Circle was created to recognize those who have chosen to leave a future legacy to our organization. Legacy Circle members have remembered the choruses in their estate plans and are ensuring our future with their gifts.
By joining the Legacy Circle, you create a permanent remembrance while seeing that your own philanthropic goals are fulfilled.
Options for Planned Giving
There are a variety of approaches available for you to create a lasting gift for your loved ones, our Choruses and, ultimately, the entire community:
- A gift specified through your will.
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- A trust created in order to leave assets to a charity or non-profit organization at some time in the future. Usually a person receives income from the trust while alive. The remaining trust principal goes to the charity upon his or her death.
- Charitable Lead Trust
- A trust created to provide current income to a charity. Upon your death, the remaining trust principle goes to your heirs.
- Life Insurance
- You can name a charity as sole or co-beneficiary resulting in a large future gift. One other possibility is to donate a fully paid policy to a charitable organization for current tax benefits.
- Remainder Interest in Personal Residence
- A current or secondary residence can be given to a charity while the owner retains the right to live there for life (or a chosen survivor’s lifetime.)
- Retirement Plans
- You can name a charity as the sole or co-beneficiary on various retirement plans including IRAs, SEPs, Roth IRAs and 401(k)s to pass to the charity upon your death.
- Transfer on Death
- For non-qualified accounts such as mutual funds and brokerage accounts, you can effectively pass on the assets upon your death to a charity.
Alternatively, you can print and mail the form to the SMC/SWC office at 319 12th Ave. Seattle, WA 98122.
For more information, please contact us here or call (206) 323-0750.
We are grateful for those who have remembered SMC/SWC in their estate plans:
The following have included Seattle Men’s Chorus and Seattle Women’s Chorus as a beneficiary in their estate planning. If you are interested in joining them in supporting our mission in this way, please contact our office at 206.323.0750 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harry & Merrily Applewhite
Bryan & DeDe Backstrom
Martha Buchta-Spevack & Max Spevack
Gerry & Jerry Coupe
Mike Dameron & Tom Marocchini
Craig & John Darling
Joel Davis & Shawn Holman
Lora Davis & Linda Henderson
Pat & Sue D’Williss
Robert M. Eichler
Doug Exworthy & Kent Pousch
Jack & Jeanne Fankhauser
Charlie Fink & Leonard Carl Jones
Chuck Gilman & Ken Bengtson
Chuck Goodwin & James Lehn
Matthew D. Haggerty LMP & Marc J. Stiles
David Owen Hastings
Peter Jackson & Eric Raptosh
Frederick A. King
Gerry & Jerry Kunkel
Pat Mail & Peggy Kopf
James H. Malone
Jane McCormmach & Paul Beighle
Roger J. Morris
James A. Murtaugh
Tom Musial & Tim Hetzler
Katsuhiro “Alex” Namba
Jack Nestor & Ron Villa
William L. Orley & Max E. Silver
Sandra Lynn Perkins & Jeffery Karl Ochsner
Pete-e Peterson & Jane Abbott Lighty
Dr. Hal Rappaport
Donald J. Riling, Jr.
Michael A. Schemm
William J. Smith
Rev. Gary Southerton & David Isla
Thom Sturges & Michael Norlin
Michael P. Theisen, MD
John R. Trautman
Chuck Traver & John Clarin
John Tschample & Steve Walker
Greg W. Waite
Larry R. & James H. Woods-Palmer
David Woosley & Michael Grochau
Dr. Lin Zurfluh
The following are individuals of vision who provided for the future of Seattle Men’s Chorus and Seattle Women’s Chorus by designating a gift from their estate. Their legacy enables us to continue our work as ambassadors of the LGBTQ+ community, strive towards excellence in our performances and build bridges of understanding between our community and others.
Lee S. Burke
Craig G. Campbell
Russell W. Davis
Michael E. Doman
R. Casey Fox
Clifford C. Gregg, Jr.
Dwight O. Haugen
Howard W. Hoyt
Walter R. Jelonek
Gary W. Kennedy
Rev. Stuart Lewis Kimball
Ellen G. Kraft
Lonnie Kunkel & Norman Seelye
Larry P. Lefler
Donald R. Miller
David M. Moery
C. Wight Read
Richard C. Rolfs
John Eric Rolfstad
J. Rodney Scott
Rene Russell Sourlard
Gordon L. South
Nevele Von Lovely
Support the Choruses while you shop!
Buy through AmazonSmile, and 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases go to SMC and SWC. Flying House Productions is our business name.
Connect your Fred Meyer Rewards card to SMC and SWC (Flying House Productions IT599) and every time you shop Fred Meyer and use your card, we earn a donation!
Please visit our Auction page for more information. COMING SOON!
Consider joining the Directors Circle of major donors. These gifts are an investment in our future, fostering artistic excellence and guaranteeing that the voices of the Choruses will be heard for years to come. With an annual gift(s) totaling $500 or more, you reap additional exclusive benefits, including invitations to special events, and opportunities to mingle with our singers and guest artists.
- Invitation to Annual Directors Circle Summer Luncheon (typically in September)
- Priority seating for Seattle Men’s Chorus and Seattle Women’s Chorus with season subscription
- Acknowledgement in concert programs
Above benefits PLUS:
- Invitation to Directors Circle receptions and parties
Above benefits PLUS:
- Invitation to guest artist receptions where you can mingle with our guest artists and Chorus members (as available)
Above benefits PLUS:
- Opportunity to join one Seattle Men’s Chorus and one Seattle Women’s Chorus rehearsal per year for a behind-the-scenes look at a concert before it goes to stage (respective dates to be announced based on performance schedule)
Above benefits PLUS:
- Invitation to join the Artistic Director or Executive Director for dinner.
$25,000 and up
Above benefits PLUS:
Flying House Productions, d/b/a Seattle Choruses, is a 501(c)(3) not for profit arts organization, meaning that your donation is tax deductible as allowed by state and federal law.