Town Hall’s historic building was originally the Fourth Church of Christ, Scientist, constructed in two stages from 1916 through 1922. It was built at the peak of the Christian Science movement, when the church could afford generous spaces and fine finishes. The congregation was the sole and continuous occupant of the building until it was sold to Town Hall in 1998. Architect George Foote Dunham of Portland designed the space, employing the distinctive Roman Revival style (popular among many Christian Science churches at the time) that lends Town Hall its characteristic high front portico with six two-story pillars and the high arched ceiling of the Great Hall.
The parking lot at Town Hall is currently under construction, however there are several parking garages within a short distance. Please visit Location, Directions, & Parking – Town Hall Seattle for more details on specific garages.
The entrance is on 8th Avenue between Seneca and Spring streets. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with accessibility accommodation inquiries and requests.
Nearby parking garages include: